Tuesday 16 July 2013

Paneer Cake

Paneer cake - sounds funny, does it not! What started off as rosogulla ended up as paneer cake. I am not kidding.

I'd wanted to make rasagullas and went through the whole procedure of splitting the milk and draining the whey. Sadly, I didn't have enough patience for the water to drain out completely. So the chenna was a tad soggy and wasn't quite pliable. I was sad and disappointed and was thinking of ways to make something out of this.

It was past midnight.

And then, this is what I did. I dunked the chenna into a bowl, added sooji, sugar, a tsp of ghee, about 1/4 cup of milk and a pinch of cardamom. I whisked it well and poured the batter into a microwave safe dish and  cooked on high for 2 mins. I'd increased it by 30 secs at a time, twice or thrice; so that's an overall 3.5 mins. This will vary with every microwave.

Let cool for a min or two, and turn it over. Make pieces and garnish with chopped badam. I could have added the nuts into the batter but was just too lazy.

This is best eaten slightly warm. To get a slightly better color, you can mix a few strands of saffron in warm milk and add to the batter.

paneer cake

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note, so I'll know you dropped by! Cheers