Tuesday 26 November 2013

Café Noir - Bangalore

Eons ago, when I visited Bangalore, I went to this mall called UB city and the people I was with decided to eat some pastries at this quaint little place called Café Noir.

Cut to the present. Couple of weeks ago, I was in Bangalore for R's housewarming. Over the weekend, S and I decided to catch a movie - Thor, The Dark Legend. I was hungry and getting cranky. It was a little past lunch time. Just as we picked up the tickets from the counter, I saw this place with a old-world-charm-feel outdoor seating, some comfortable indoor seating and very few people. I looked up to see the board - Café Noir. It rang a bell; I still don't recollect the group I went with the first time around but certainly remembered the food.

I ordered a creamy pesto pasta and S ordered a sandwich on panini bread. I longingly looked at the cold storage where these little witches..er.. desserts were neatly arranged. S reminded me that we were getting late for the movie with a promise to come back another time. The "another time" came quite soon. Just 2 days later, we hit this place for lunch. This time, we ordered french onion soup, a small pizza, a Mediterranean pasta (which unfortunately was misheard in the kitchen and churned out a mushroom pasta). S dislikes mushrooms; yet we almost cleared the plate only to realize towards the fag end that this is not what we ordered. We informed the waiter who promptly apologized and offered to replace the dish. By then we'd almost finished the meal and we simply waived it off.

The dishes were simply excellent, the bread fresh and the pasta sinking in a generous portion of sauce. We'd picked a Prestige pastry which had layers of chocolate and caramel with orange. We asked for the check and received along with the bill, a complimentary chocolate mousse for the goof up on the pasta. That sure was a decadent surprise.

Café Noir is at UB City and Phoenix Market City, WhiteField, Bangalore.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note, so I'll know you dropped by! Cheers