Friday 23 January 2015

Meet the Bakers - Veena Sakthi

Just a day to go for the Grand Annual Bake sale and I am mighty sad that I won't be able to go. So, whoever is there, please eat a piece or two or three (or more), for me! Especially Veena's jamun cup cakes, pretty please?

So, let's get on with our chat with the soft spoken girl behind V's bakehouse

Q: What's the background to V's bakehouse?
A: After my masters I was working with a leading private sector bank for a while. I was not happy with the profile and ended up starting something on my own. :) Once I quit my job, I was trying my hands at cooking and later some baking and I got hooked with baking. And then this light bulb moment occurred and I knew what I wanted to do.I have been baking commercially for 2 yrs now.

Q: The photographs on your page are amazing
A: My husband is the one who shoots all my pics. I know nothing about photography.:)  He owns a DSLR and uses a soft box for shooting. I have been married for 3.5 yrs and my husband is my pillar of strength. He constantly motivates me to try out new stuff and encourages me to push myself outside my comfort zone.

Q: I've also noticed that your cakes have an amazing finish. The edges are smooth! Lot of patience eh?
A: Thank you :) But frankly speaking, I am the least patient person on the face of this earth. It takes some practice and hand control to get the perfect finish.

Q: What's going to be on your table this bake sale?
A: I am planning on having some creative stuffs on the table as well as things that have been added to my  menu recently. You can see some macarons, jamun cupcakes( eggless), Pasta stuffed buns, Jar desserts and some more :)

Q. If you want to try your hand at something different this year, what would it be?
A: I really really wanna bake an entremet by the end of this year.




























Get to meet Veena and also pick up some yummy cup cakes and macarons from Stall # 14, on 24th Jan, at the Grand Annual Bake Sale, Spaces, #1, Elliots Beach Road, Chennai

All the best! :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note, so I'll know you dropped by! Cheers